Registered Nurse (RN) - System Flex Pool - Tier I - FT - Days
Company: Norman Regional Health System
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Overview: The Flex Pool is made up of an adaptable and dynamic
team of employees that is able to work in multiple service lines at
all four NRHS campuses. These include Emergency departments,
medical and cardiac intensive care units, medical and cardiac step
down units, med/surg, ortho/neuro, oncology, and post-surgical
units as well as the occasional special assignment that may include
procedural areas. The Flex Pool is dedicated to providing
exceptional care when and where needed throughout the organization.
Responsibilities: RN essential functions include, but are not
- collaboration with other health professionals, assessment,
analyzing assessment data, establishing goals, planning care
- Establishing priorities of care, implementing care, delegating
tasks safely, providing safe direct and indirect nursing care.
- Evaluating responses to interventions, and performing
additional nursing functions in accordance with knowledge and
skills acquired beyond basic nursing preparation.
- Assesses or manages the care of patients, or provides direct
- Flex between Porter and HealthPlex campuses in a variety of
settings that may include critical care, intermediate care,
med/surg, and emergency room. Qualifications: Education
- Diploma or Associate's degree (ADN) required, Bachelor of
Science in Nursing (BSN), or Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- RN experience as follows:
- Med/Surg Pod - 1 year experience in an equivalent area.
- IMC Pod 1 year IMC or equivalent experience.
- Critical Care - 2 Years Critical Care Experience to include
sufficient orientation to and demonstrated annual competencies for:
Basic & Advanced Hemodynamics, Pacemaker and Mechanical
- ER Pod - 2 years ED experience. (Above requirements can be met
by the equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Three 12 hours shifts a week, every other weekend, every other
- May have to be on-call if census is low, on-call will only be
on your regular scheduled shift. Licensure / Certification
- Med/Surg Pod - Current Oklahoma Registered Nurse license, Basic
Life Support (BLS), and National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale
- IMC Pod and Critical Care Pod - in addition to current Oklahoma
RN license, BLS, and NIHSS, must also have Advanced Cardiac Life
Support (ACLS) & Basic EKG interpretation certified within 6 months
- ER Pod - In addition to current Oklahoma RN license, BLS, ACLS,
NIHSS, and basic EKG, must have Pediatric Advanced Life Support
(PALS) and MANDT certification within 6 months of employment.
- All required certifications BLS, ACLS, NIHSS, PALS, and MANDT
must be maintained thru re-training for duration of employment.
Other Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must be able to float between all the units of one of the
- Approved pods include:
- Med/Surg - 4N, 3NW, 3NE, MSO, and Ortho/Spine.
- Intermediate Care - PCU and PCCU.
- Critical Care - ICU and CVICU.
- Emergency Department - Hwy 9, Moore Medical Center, Porter, and
HealthPlex campuses. Compensation / Benefits
- $27.84-$45.46/hr based on previous work experience.
- Flex premium $10/hr.
- Evening differential $2.50/hr.
- Night differential $3.00/hr.
- Weekend differential $3.00/hr.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short-term
disability, long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off
(PTO), paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, scholarship
opportunities, retirement plans, free parking, and opportunities
Keywords: Norman Regional Health System, Midwest City , Registered Nurse (RN) - System Flex Pool - Tier I - FT - Days, Healthcare , Shawnee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!