Care Manager II (Social Work)
Company: Centene Corporation
Posted on: November 18, 2023
You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million
members as a clinical professional on our Medical Management/Health
Services team. Centene is a diversified, national organization
offering competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on
Must live in OklahomaOklahoma Complete Health, a Centene company,
is committed to providing quality healthcare solutions to transform
the health of Oklahomans.
At Oklahoma Complete Health, we are community advocates and
change-makers in search of an inclusive culture grounded by our
commitment to work-life balance, competitive compensation, and
continuous career development. Join us and be a part of a
collaborative, growing network of innovative thinkers delivering
solutions at the local level.Position Purpose: Perform care
management duties to assess, plan and coordinate all aspects of
medical and supporting services across the continuum of care for
select members to promote quality, cost effective care.
- Assess the member's current health status, resource
utilization, past and present treatment plan and services,
prognosis, short and long term goals, treatment and provider
- Utilize assessment skills and discretionary judgment to develop
plan of care based upon assessment with specific objectives, goals
and interventions designed to meet member's needs and promote
- Coordinate services between Primary Care Physician (PCP),
specialists, medical providers, and non-medical staff as necessary
to meet the complete medical socio economic needs of clients
- Provide patient and provider education
- Facilitate member access to community based services
- Monitor referrals made to community based organizations,
medical care and other services to support the members' overall
care management plan
- Actively participate in integrated team care management
- Identify related risk management quality concerns and report
these scenarios to the appropriate resources.
- Case load will reflect heavier weighting of complex cases than
Care Manager I, commensurate with experience
- Enter and maintain assessments, authorizations, and pertinent
clinical information into various medical management systems
- Direct care to participating network providers
- Perform duties independently, demonstrating advanced
understanding of complex care management principles.
- Participate in case management committees and work on special
projects related to case management as needed.
- For Michigan Complete Health - home visits required.
- May assist with mentoring, training and coaching of staff on
- May be responsible for assignment of work/distribution among
the team.Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Social Work. 2+
years of social work experience in an acute care or community
setting and 1+ years of case management experience in a managed
care setting. Experience government sponsored managed care
Licenses/Certifications: Current state's LMSW or LCSW license.
For Oklahoma Complete Health Plan Only: a Bachelor's degree in
social work, psychology, or a related social services field; OR
licensed clinical social worker with a license to practice in the
State of Oklahoma. Must successfully complete the Behavioral Health
Case Manager certification training provided through the Department
of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services within (6) months of
date of hire.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions
including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress
flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays,
Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and
stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class
training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Centene Corporation, Midwest City , Care Manager II (Social Work), Executive , Shawnee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!